Zinc Octoate is a versatile compound used in various industries for its exceptional properties. It is formed by the reaction of zinc oxide with octanoic acid, resulting in a stable and effective zinc-based compound.
- Coating Industry: Zinc Octoate is widely used as a drier in coatings and paints. It accelerates drying and enhances film formation, improving the overall durability and appearance of the coatings.
- Polymer Industry: It acts as a catalyst or activator in polymerization processes, aiding in the cross-linking of polymers and improving their performance characteristics.
- Adhesive Industry: Zinc Octoate is utilized as a curing agent in adhesives, enabling strong bonding and enhancing adhesive properties.
- Rubber Industry: It is used as a vulcanization accelerator in rubber manufacturing, facilitating the curing process and improving the mechanical properties of rubber products.
- Chemical Synthesis: Zinc Octoate serves as a catalyst in various chemical reactions, such as esterification, transesterification, and polycondensation reactions.
- Excellent catalytic properties
- Enhances drying and curing processes
- Improves film formation and durability
- Facilitates cross-linking in polymers
- Enables strong bonding in adhesives
- Enhances vulcanization in rubber
- Versatile applications in chemical synthesis
|Molecular Weight||345.82 g/mol|
|Appearance||Pale yellow liquid or powder|
|Solubility||Soluble in organic solvents|
|Storage||Store in a cool, dry place away from heat and moisture|
|Shelf Life||2 years|
For more information about our Zinc Octoate and its suitability for your specific application needs, please don't hesitate to contact us. We are committed to providing high-quality products, competitive pricing, and exceptional customer service.