Product Name: Silica (CAS No. 14464-46-1)
Introduction: Silica, also known as silicon dioxide, is a naturally occurring mineral composed of silicon and oxygen. It exists in various forms, including amorphous silica and crystalline silica. Silica is widely used in various industries due to its unique properties and versatile applications.
- High purity and chemical stability
- Excellent heat resistance
- Low thermal expansion coefficient
- Electrical insulating properties
- Abrasion and wear resistance
- Optical transparency (in some forms)
Silica has numerous applications in different industries, including:
- Rubber and Plastics: Used as a reinforcing filler in rubber and plastics to improve strength, flexibility, and resistance to abrasion.
- Glass Production: Essential component in the manufacturing of glass products, providing transparency, hardness, and thermal resistance.
- Coatings and Paints: Added to coatings and paints to enhance durability, weather resistance, and texture.
- Ceramics and Refractories: Used as a binder and filler in ceramic materials and refractory products to improve strength and heat resistance.
- Personal Care Products: Found in cosmetics, skincare, and oral care products as a thickening agent, abrasive, or matting agent.
|Molecular Weight||60.08 g/mol|
|Appearance||White powder or granules|
|Melting Point||1,710 °C (3,110 °F)|
|Boiling Point||2,950 °C (5,340 °F)|
|Solubility in Water||Insoluble|
|Particle Size||Varies (depending on grade)|
|Purity||High purity available|
For more information about our Silica and its suitability for your specific application needs, please don't hesitate to contact us. We are committed to providing high-quality products, competitive pricing, and exceptional customer service.