Product Introduction: Valsartan is an angiotensin II receptor blocker (ARB) used in the pharmaceutical industry for the treatment of hypertension (high blood pressure) and heart failure. It belongs to the class of drugs known as antihypertensives, which help relax blood vessels and lower blood pressure. Valsartan is available in tablet form and is typically prescribed in combination with other medications to achieve optimal blood pressure control.
- Hypertension Treatment: Valsartan is primarily used for the management of hypertension, either as monotherapy or in combination with other antihypertensive drugs. It helps lower blood pressure by blocking the binding of angiotensin II to its receptors, thereby relaxing blood vessels and reducing resistance to blood flow.
- Heart Failure: Valsartan is also prescribed for the treatment of heart failure, especially in patients who cannot tolerate angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors. It helps improve symptoms, increase exercise tolerance, and reduce the risk of hospitalization due to heart failure.
- Angiotensin II Receptor Blocker: Valsartan selectively blocks the angiotensin II receptor subtype 1 (AT1 receptor), preventing the binding of angiotensin II and its vasoconstrictive effects.
- Blood Pressure Control: By relaxing blood vessels, Valsartan helps lower blood pressure and maintain it within a normal range.
- Cardiovascular Protection: It provides cardiovascular protection by reducing the strain on the heart and improving cardiac function in patients with heart failure.
- Oral Administration: Valsartan is administered orally in tablet form, making it convenient and easy to take.
- Combination Therapy: It can be used in combination with other antihypertensive medications to achieve better blood pressure control.
|Molecular Weight||435.52 g/mol|
|Appearance||White to off-white crystalline powder|
|Solubility||Soluble in ethanol, methanol, and water|
|Stability||Stable under normal conditions|
|Storage||Store in a tightly closed container, protected from light and moisture|
|Shelf Life||3 years|