What is the real effect of vitamin B2?
When it comes to vitamin B, everyone may be familiar with it. But when it comes to vitamin B2, many people may have a doubt. Isn't it all vitamin B? Is it necessary to mention it separately? There is only one reason, that is, in the large family of vitamin B, taking vitamin B2 alone is more targeted, and it will not cause B1, B6, B12 and other B vitamins to exceed the standard, but many people may not be familiar with vitamin B2, so today we will talk about the role and efficacy of vitamin B2. 1、 Vitamin B2 is a necessary vitamin for human body, but it cannot be synthesized by itself.
Vitamin B2, also known as riboflavin, is an essential basic nutrient for our body. It is a water-soluble vitamin, which can form many coenzymes and plays a great role in the metabolism of carbohydrates, lipids and amino acids. But because it cannot be synthesized by itself, we can only supplement it through external intake. However, most of vitamin B2 mainly exists in the husk of grains. In addition to the refined diet characteristics of modern people, vitamin B2 is generally lacking.
The main health benefits of vitamin B2 include:
1. Maintain appropriate energy level. Vitamin B is included in all major energy and adrenal supplements, including vitamin B2.
2. Support eye health. Research shows that lack of vitamin B2 will increase eye problems. Fortunately, vitamin B2 can prevent various eye diseases, such as glaucoma, cataract and corneal diseases.
3. Prevent and treat anemia. Blood loss, inability to deliver oxygen to the blood, and reduced erythropoiesis are the main causes of anemia.
4. Fight cancer. As an antioxidant, vitamin B2 can prevent the damage of free radicals. Riboflavin is necessary for the production of antioxidant glutathione
5. Protect skin and hair. Some studies have shown that vitamin B2 can shorten the time required for wound healing, and also reduce chapped lips and skin inflammation.