The main components of ginger extract
6-Gingerol, 6-Shogaol, 8-Gingerol, 10-Gingerol
1. nausea and vomiting: ginger has been shown to reduce motion sickness symptoms associated with travel by car and boat. Debut double-blind clinical trials found that ginger may reduce nausea due to surgical anesthesia, and a preliminary trial suggested that ginger may help prevent chemotherapy-induced nausea.
2. Motion sickness: Many studies have suggested that ginger is more effective than placebo in reducing symptoms associated with motion sickness.
3. Pregnancy-related nausea and vomiting: At least two studies have found ginger to be more effective than placebo in reducing nausea and vomiting due to pregnancy.
4. Post-surgical nausea and vomiting:Studies have presented comprehensive findings regarding the use of ginger in the treatment of post-surgical nausea and vomiting. In two studies, 1 gram of ginger extract taken prior to surgery was as effective as mainstream medications in reducing nausea
5. Anti-inflammatory effects: In addition to supplying nausea and vomiting relief, ginger extract has long been used in traditional medicine to reduce the effects of inflammation. In fact, numerous herbalists currently apply ginger to help treat health problems that come from inflammation, such as arthritis, bronchitis and ulcerative colitis.
6. Digestive tonic effect: Ginger is considered a tonic for the digestive tract, stimulating digestive function and nourishing the intestinal muscles. This function may help substances move through the digestive tract and reduce irritation of the intestines. Ginger may protect the stomach from the damaging effects of alcohol and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), and may help prevent ulcers.
7. Cardiovascular health, etc.: Ginger may also support cardiovascular health by making platelets less sticky and reducing accumulation. A small number of preliminary studies point to ginger's ability to lower cholesterol and prevent blood clotting. All of these functions may protect blood vessels from obstruction and the damaging effects of obstruction such as atherosclerosis. However, more research is still needed to understand whether these preliminary findings will ultimately be beneficial to humans.