Calcium propionate is a new type of food additive, which is approved by the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) for use as a safe and reliable mold inhibitor for food and feed. Calcium propionate has a wide range of antibacterial effects on mold, yeast and bacteria.
1. Calcium propionate can be used as an anti-mold agent for food and feed, and as a preservative for bread and pastry. Calcium propionate is easy to be mixed with flour evenly, and it can provide essential calcium while acting as a preservative for preserving and fortifying food.
2. Calcium propionate has an inhibitory effect on mold and aerobic bacillus, which can cause sticky filamentous substances in bread, but not on yeast.
3. It is effective against mold, aerobic bacillus producing bacteria, gram-negative bacteria and aflatoxin in starch, protein-containing and greasy substances, and has unique anti-mold and antiseptic properties.
4. is a new and safe, efficient, broad-spectrum food and feed anti-mold agent for food and brewing, feed, Chinese medicine preparations.
5. Calcium propionate as a feed additive can effectively inhibit moldy feed, prolong the shelf life of feed, if combined with other inorganic salts can also improve the appetite of livestock, improve milk production of cows. Calcium propionate has low volatility, high temperature resistance, and good adaptability to animals, making it suitable for use in a variety of feeds. 6.
6. Calcium propionate can also be used as an additive in toothpaste and cosmetics, playing a good antiseptic effect.
7. A new type of feed additive, mainly used as an anti-mold agent, can extend the freshness of feed. It has good effect on mold, aerobic budding bacteria, gram-negative bacteria, and can inhibit the production of aflatoxin, while harmless to yeast, harmless to humans and animals, non-toxic side effects. It can also be used as a preservative for food.
1) The use of bulking agents should not use calcium propionate, because it can reduce the ability to produce carbon dioxide due to the generation of calcium carbonate.
2) calcium propionate is an acid preservative, effective in the acidic range: pH5 below the best inhibition of mold, pH6 when the inhibition capacity is significantly reduced.