Vitamin B6 is also known as pyridoxine. It is a water-soluble vitamin, colorless crystal, soluble in water and ethanol, stable in acid, easy to destroy in lye, easy to destroy in light or alkali, not resistant to high temperature.
- Prevent baby cramps. Some milk powder after high temperature treatment, vitamin B6 will be destroyed, the baby will have cramping symptoms after eating.
- The role of hairdressing. Vitamin B6 is involved in metabolism and acts on hair through blood circulation to prevent hair loss and reduce the growth of gray hairs.
- Prevent and treat hyperemesis gravidarum and postoperative vomiting.
- Milk return. Taking vitamin B6 after childbirth can suppress milk production. The relactation effect is better than estrogen, and there are no side effects quickly.
- Treatment of gestational diabetes mellitus. Pregnant women are prone to lack of vitamin B 6, which causes abnormal metabolism of tryptophan and produces xanthuric acid-insulin complex, which halve its hypoglycemic effect, resulting in gestational diabetes.
- Antiasthmatic effect. Asthma is a common symptom of respiratory disease in infants. Relieving asthma is the key and difficult point of treatment. Vitamin B6 injections will calm asthma.
Most of them are related to amino acid metabolism, including transamination, decarboxylation, side chain cleavage, dehydration and transvulcanization. These features involve many aspects:
- Participate in protein synthesis and catabolism, participate in all amino acid metabolism, such as related to the metabolism of heme, related to the synthesis of niacin by tryptophan.
- Participate in gluconeogenesis and UFA metabolism. It is associated with the metabolism of glycogen, sphingomyelin and steroid.
- Participate in the synthesis of certain neurotransmitters. Examples include serotonin, taurine, dopamine, norepinephrine, and gamma-aminobutyric acid.
- Metabolism of vitamin B6 and one carbon unit, vitamin B12 and folate, if their metabolism disorders can cause megaloblastic anemia.
- participate in nucleic acid and DNA synthesis, deficiency will damage DNA synthesis, this process is very important for maintaining appropriate immune function.
- vitamin B6 and vitamin B2 is closely related, vitamin B6 deficiency is often accompanied by vitamin B2 symptoms.
- Participation in the conversion of homocysteine to methionine has the effect of reducing chronic diseases. Mild hyperhomocysteinemia is considered to be a possible risk factor for vascular diseases.
In general, human and animal gut microbes (bacteria), can synthesize vitamin B6, but the amount of it is very small, or must be supplemented from food. In fact, its requirement is closely related to the amount of protein intake. If people eat large fish and meat, they should remember to supplement vitamin B6 in large quantities to avoid the occurrence of chronic diseases caused by vitamin B6 deficiency.